Direct School Admission
on 2019 Direct School Admission (DSA) to
Hillgrove Secondary School
The DSA-Secondary Exercise was introduced by the Ministry of Education in 2004. It seeks to promote holistic education and provide students an opportunity to demonstrate a more diverse range of achievement and talents in seeking admission to a secondary school.
Hillgrove Secondary School will be participating in the 2019 DSA-Secondary Exercise and has identified Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) as the Talent Area. At Hillgrove, we believe in the potential of students, seek to build their character and desire to help them succeed.
The following criteria will be used to identify successful DSA applicants:
- Demonstrated passion in an area of STEM, e.g. robotics, flight;
- Participation and achievement (e.g. competitions) in an area of STEM; and
- Sound character in line with Hillgrove’s values of Integrity, Respect, Resilience, Responsibility and Care.
From 2019, application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 8 May to 4 Jun 2019.
For more details, please refer to the MOE website – www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/direct-admissions/dsa-sec
Shortlisted applicants will be scheduled for an interview and to participate in a hands-on problem solving task in end Jul/ early Aug 2019.
All applicants will be informed of the results of their application by 31 Aug 2019. The school’s decision on the offer is final.
For further enquires pertaining to DSA at Hillgrove Secondary School, please contact Mr Barnabas Tan (HOD/ Science) at 6560 3726, or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Notes to all DSA Applicants and Parents
- Students successfully allocated to their DSA-Secondary schools will not be allowed to participate in the annual Secondary One Posting Exercise to opt for secondary schools.
- These students will also not be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results. They are expected to honour the commitment to the allocated DSA-Secondary school for the entire duration of the programme (e.g. 4 years in the case of Hillgrove Secondary School).
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Information for Returning Singaporeans and International Students
- Applicants who are currently not studying in Ministry
of Education (MOE) schools, including Singaporean students (both citizens and
permanent residents) are required to obtain a Registration Number from the MOE
Customer Service Centre located at Podium Block of MOE Building, 1 North Buona
Vista Drive, Singapore 138675. You will need this registration number to access
the DSA-Sec Portal.
- You will need to bring the following original documents and their photocopies if your child is:
- A Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Your child’s birth certificate
- You and your child’s proof of citizenship
- An international student
- Dependant’s pass, immigration exemption order or student pass (if any)
- International students are required to take part in the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) before they can be considered for DSA-Secondary allocation. More information on the AEIS can be found here: