HILLGROVE SECONDARY SCHOOL > Hillgrove Experience > Direct School Admission
Direct School Admission
INFORMATION ON 2018 DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION (DSA)
TO HILLGROVE SECONDARY SCHOOL
(FOR ADMISSION TO SECONDARY ONE IN 2019)
The DSA-Secondary Exercise was introduced by the Ministry of Education in 2004. It seeks to promote holistic education and provide students an opportunity to demonstrate a more diverse range of achievement and talents in seeking admission to a secondary school.
Hillgrove Secondary School will be participating in the 2018 DSA-Secondary Exercise for the first time and has identified Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) as the Talent Area. At Hillgrove, we believe in the potential of students, seek to build their character and desire to help them succeed.
The following criteria will be used to identify successful DSA applicants:
- Demonstrated passion in an area of STEM, e.g. robotics, flight;
- Participation and achievement (e.g. competitions) in an area of STEM; and
- Sound character in line with Hillgrove’s values of Integrity, Respect, Resilience, Responsibility and Care.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Completed Application Form
- A soft copy of the Application Form can be downloaded here.
- Alternatively, you could pick up a hard copy from the school’s General Office during office hours (Mondays to Fridays, 8.00 AM to 6.00 PM).
- Copies of Primary 5 (Semester 1 & 2) and Primary 6 (Semester 1) academic results and holistic development reports
- (if applicable) Portfolio demonstrating the student’s passion and aptitude in science and/ or mathematics or their related fields, e.g. robotics, flight.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Submit the completed Application Form, together with supporting documents either in person or by post to the following address:
Hillgrove Secondary School
10 Bukit Batok Street 52
The deadline for submission is 3 Jul 2018. Unfortunately, applications received after this date will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants will be scheduled for an interview and to participate in a hands-on problem solving task in end Jul/ early Aug 2018.
All applicants will be informed of the results of their application by 31 Aug 2018. The school’s decision on the offer is final.
For further enquires pertaining to DSA at Hillgrove Secondary School, please contact Mr Barnabas Tan (HOD/ Science) at 6560 3726, or through email: email@example.com.
More information on the DSA-Secondary Exercise can be found here:
INFORMATION FOR RETURNING SINGAPOREANS AND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Applicants who are currently not studying in Ministry of Education (MOE) schools, including Singaporean students (both citizens and permanent residents) are required to obtain a letter containing a unique registration number (RGxxxxxxx) from the MOE Customer Service Centre located at MOE Building, 1 North Buona Vista Drive, Singapore 138675 before applying for DSA.
- International students are required to take part in the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) before they can be considered for DSA-Secondary allocation. More information on the AEIS can be found here:
IMPORTANT NOTES TO ALL DSA APPLICANTS AND PARENTS
- Students successfully allocated to their DSA-Secondary schools will not be allowed to participate in the annual Secondary One Posting Exercise to opt for secondary schools.
- These students will also not be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results. They are expected to honour the commitment to the allocated DSA-Secondary school for the entire duration of the programme (e.g. 4 years in the case of Hillgrove Secondary School).
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.